Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scotty wins tenth season of American Idol

News flashed over the internet that Scotty McCreery emerged as the winner over Lauren Alain, on the finale episode of the tenth season of the American Idol. Before I could watch the last show of the season I already recognized the newest Idol, thanks to the ever-updated cyberspace.
I was really shocked to know that that the deep-voiced country boy won this season though this year they had a lot of unappreciated talent. I reckoned at first James Durbin would win, for he was like the straight version of Adam Lambert. But no, he was eliminated before choosing top three. There were also a few favorites I had, but were scrapped off the competition earlier than I had expected. If I may mention Casey Abrams, once retrieved by the judges' only save, Thia Megia, half-Filipino, and Pia Toscano whom everybody had a hard time accepting her elimination.
Lauren was my bet for this year's season after the final two have been announced. Maybe that little commotion about her voice hours before the competition may have affected her final performances, but I do believe in the talent she has. I believe in Scotty's talent too, but I guess there will always be one winner, and America has to choose for their new idol. And they already did.
Good job Idol, you have one nice season this year. I hope the next would be better. Congrats Scotty!

No comments:

Post a Comment