Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Invention of Everything Else

While I'm not so busy being online all the time since yesterday, I have the liberty to spend some life offline. And now, I have indulged myself to this book authored by Samantha Hunt with a title, "The Invention of Everything Else".
The first time I saw the book many weeks ago it has a price of more than a hundred pesos. I got interested at it, seeing the summary at the back of the cover. But then I considered the price, I remembered I don't buy books any less than fifty pesos. So I didn't mind at all, and just searched for other books I could make fond of. I bought a 5-peso one that time but didn't even bother to read it until now.
As I came back on the store for another session of book hunting after almost two weeks, I got the same book for twenty pesos. That untouched book of Hunt. A more than a hundred pesos of difference. It was a precious day for me. The price of Hunt's book has marked down, since nobody, I think, was willing to buy it. They lowered the amount so they could get someone purchase the book. And there I was, having a lucky ass about it. It's a good thing I did not buy the book the first time I saw it or else I'll call myself a really big douchebag to see another copy of the book in a much lower price. But no worries now, I got the book in hand for a price that didn't hurt my wallet.
I reckon this is the first time I'll finish a novel this vacation. Yes, I'm that Internet-obsessed that I have no time for reading. I read a few Bob Ong books already, all were amusing, and now I'm rooting for the last page of this mediocre book probably by next week. I find the book okay with its first 71 pages. I'm going page 72 today out of 250.
And this is me sharing about how successful I am reading a book during vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment